Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The Parts are IN!

Check this out!




These are the key components I will be using in my project :)
In other news, I have been hacking the GB flasher and have a test firmware assembled. This firmware simply tests if the new SNES mode functionality is working between the computer software and the GB flasher.. IF it is working, I can begin writing the code to Read the SNES Rom Header, and I must then do a major portion of the project -> Wire an MBC5 Cartridge to the SNES Cart connector to interface a SNES Cart over to GB Flasher..

WHY do I want to do this? Because Gameboy connector only uses 15 address lines. SNES uses more. The MBC5 Memory Bank controller should help :)

Then when I read / write Flash ROM, I will simply use GB Flasher's methods of accessing ROM in a MBC5 type cartridge :)

it's beautiful... it really is



1 comment:

  1. can i make this work on a gb or gbc cart? and if so what roms are supported ?

    ReplyDelete