Tuesday, September 13, 2011

WTF is GBFlasher to SNES

I am working on this project I call GBFlasher to SNES.. and if you have no idea what I am talking about, but you are interested, Reeed on..

first you gotta know what a GBFLASHER is ..


^^^^ you need to hack a gameboy cartridge... I had Kirby's Dreamland 2..
I just ripped out the Black chip that holds the GAME DATA, then put in a NEW ONE that can be reprogrammed!!



<-My GBFlasher is here on the left. You plug in the cartridge and read/write ROM (Game) or Save data.


GBFlasher to SNES PROject
GBflasher is great. It can flash ROM on gameboy Carts thru USB. But Super Nintendo (SNES) is my favorite system ever... Well, all of the hardware I have to play SNES code on the real thing only works thru a PARALLEL PORT. =[

I said "BUMMER" - I want something that works thru USB!!! :D Then I looked at my GBFlasher. I smiled... With the greater understanding I have being 21 and a genius, I knew I could figure this out. lol just kidding xD

But seriously, I knew I could do it.. and this is what this project is - to use GBFlasher to program SNES carts. 


This project is still underway, and it is starting as something very specific to my needs, and I simply don't see many people with these same desires.. but anyways, I would like to write out my plan over the next few weeks --  ----

What has been done
Modifications to SNES Cart Address Decoder
MBC5 Cart -> SNES CONNECTOR
Most Parts Ordered + Received!! (SNES connector, TSOP boards, SNES game (mario paint)


To-DO
Hack SNES Mario Paint into A FLASH CART

No comments:

Post a Comment