Thursday, September 1, 2011

USB->LPT and SNES Copiers....

God... I prototyped this -> http://www-user.tu-chemnitz.de/~heha/bastelecke/Rund%20um%20den%20PC/USB2LPT/ul-khs.htm .. didn't work, ended hacking the hell out of a win2000 install for compatibility.. still doesnt work... >_<

I'm doing this so I can get my SNES Copiers to work!!! They use old-ass parallel ports and my laptop does not have that shiz.

So.. I'm beginning to abandon this project.. Besides, the LPT->USB would have been MAD SLOW....

So now something dawned on me..... I saw this
Look kind of familiar??? Someone made a TSOP adapter similar to my own, except this is perfect for dropping into a SNES DIP36 ROM.

Well,  since I already ordered 3 PCBS of my adaptor, I am going to plan on using another 1 of them for this. And hopefully, I can even use my GB cart flasher to flash these chips!!

Future work
---------------------
1) Get a SNES Cart connector. Find an eagle Board layout that uses it..
2) Route GB Cart connector to SNES connector. Use a gameboy Cart and wire all pads -> SNES

No comments:

Post a Comment